CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - We all have smoke detectors in our homes, but are the detectors the correct types?
For Madeira dad Dean Dennis, having the right smoke detector means his daughter, Andrea, may still be alive. She was an Ohio State University student who was killed in a fire seven years ago.
Almost two years later, Milford dad Doug Turnball lost his daughter, Julie, in a fire at Miami University after a lit cigarette started a couch fire. Turnball says the worst part is knowing her death could have been prevented.
"Both of our kids were in the prime of their lives, and they're not with us anymore," said Dean Dennis. "We're just not going to stop until people do the right things."