NKU and Bacon grad is one of 12 in national comedy contest | Arts & Culture
HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, Ky. – Northern Kentucky University alumna Kelly Collette has been selected by Country Music Television and Rooftop Comedy as one of 12 comedians to compete for the title of 2012 “CMT’s Next Big Comic.”
Rooftop Comedy, the leading distributor of interactive comedy videos, scoured talent from across its network of 21 performance venues to pick 12 finalists on the verge of gaining widespread success. Four comics will be eliminated each week based on total votes received on the CMT website. The final four comedians will be flown to perform live at the Stardome in Birmingham, Ala.
Collette is from Cincinnati. She has done standup comedy since 2009, when she began her career at Go Bananas in Cincinnati. She graduated from NKU in 2008 with a degree in public relations. Collette graduated from Roger Bacon High School.
Voting in the CMT’s Next Big Comic competition is at http://www.comic.CMT.com and runs through March 12.
Copyright 2012 FOX19. All rights reserved.
Top Campbell County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The Christ Hospital Physicians Welcomes Certified Nurse Midwife Practice to Anderson
- Anderson's Got Talent Returns to Greater Anderson Days
- Ohio School Boards Association names Mercy Health to Business Honor Roll
- Traffic and parking restrictions for Tim McGraw concert
- Coney Island opens Saturday for 127th season