Group recreates Bethlehem in Campbell County | Community Spirit
CALIFORNIA, KY (FOX19) - A group of local churches has gone beyond the traditional nativity scene to recreate the village of Bethlehem as a way to make the story of the birth of Jesus Christ come to life.
They tell visitors to "Walk it. See it. Hear it. Smell it. Feel it. Touch it. Experience it...A Bethlehem Night!"
They have created an illustration of what a typical night in the small mid-eastern town of Bethlehem may have been like.
Families can walk through the marketplace where children and adults will find interactive artisans and shopkeepers, animals, food, and more and begin to hear the story of the Christ:
- Follow a guided tour to experience the dark, black nights of the shepherds.
- Witness the silence of a baby's birth unnoticed by many.
All Activities and Refreshments are free. People may also choose to patronize the restaurant available on site.
The event has been running for two nights and opens for its final night at 6:00 p.m. Wednesday. They advise people to arrive early to guarantee a place on a tour.
It is being held on the Flagg Springs Golf Course, 3670 Smith Road, California, KY 41007.
Copyright 2011 FOX19. All rights reserved.
Top Campbell County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The Christ Hospital Physicians Welcomes Certified Nurse Midwife Practice to Anderson
- Anderson's Got Talent Returns to Greater Anderson Days
- Ohio School Boards Association names Mercy Health to Business Honor Roll
- Traffic and parking restrictions for Tim McGraw concert
- Coney Island opens Saturday for 127th season