Moving forward, a celebration or our riverfront and our region | Community Spirit
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX 19) - The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky, The Banks Public Partnership, City of Cincinnati and Hamilton County are officially dedicating a series of projects with significant economic impact on the Cincinnati/Covington riverfront and the region. With combined grand openings of the:
- The Banks Central Riverfront Garage dedication
- Relocated Mehring Way ribbon-cutting
- Southbank Shuttle Trolley circulator buses inaugural ride
- Re-opening the John A. Roebling Bridge
The events will take place on November 5, 2010:
9 a.m.—The Banks Public Partnership Ribbon-cutting of new Mehring Way at Joe Nuxhall Way (Main Street) and Central Riverfront Garage dedication at Mehring Way entrance.
9:30 a.m. - Trolley “Clang” to launch Southbank Shuttle Trolley Bus at the Covington Approach to Roebling Bridge.
10 a.m. - Ceremony to re-open the Roebling Bridge with Kentucky and Ohio officials meeting at the center of the Bridge.
Hilton Netherland Plaza Hotel Pastry Chef Megan Ketover of “Food Network: Cereal Bridges Challenge” fame, will serve a Roebling Bridge Cake constructed of crispy cereal, cake and butter cream frosting.
Top Campbell County Stories
Upcoming Events near Campbell County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rolling Thunder sendoff held at Yellow Ribbon Support Center
- Pierce Township man promoted to Metro’s Director of Transit Operations
- Police investigate gunshot near Union Twp. school
- Click It or Ticket in Clermont County
- Emergency Preparedness Exercise in Miami Township May 22 - This event is ONLY AN EXERCISE