SWAT Team arrests man on other charges after bank robbery tip | Crime
RICHWOOD, KY (FOX19) - A SWAT team was called after someone reported that a man staying in a motel was a bank robbery suspect, but he ended up arrested on other charges.
On Thursday, October 20, 2011 at approximately 9:35 a.m. a Newport, Kentucky man was taken into custody by the Boone County Sheriff’s SWAT at the Econo Lodge located at 11165 Frontage Road in Richwood, Kentucky on a felony Probation & Parole warrant.
At 3:15 a.m. sheriff’s deputies were tipped that Brian Schmidt, 22 of Newport, Kentucky was holed up at the Econo Lodge in Richwood. Additionally, the tipster said Schmidt committed a bank robbery in Latonia, Kentucky on 10/19/2011.
Adjoining rooms were evacuated before a negotiator called Schmidt’s room. Schmidt surrendered shortly thereafter and was taken into custody without incident. He is being jailed for the probation and parole warrant. Police say there are no robbery charges pending at this time.
Copyright 2011 FOX19. All rights reserved
Top Campbell County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The Christ Hospital Physicians Welcomes Certified Nurse Midwife Practice to Anderson
- Anderson's Got Talent Returns to Greater Anderson Days
- Ohio School Boards Association names Mercy Health to Business Honor Roll
- Traffic and parking restrictions for Tim McGraw concert
- Coney Island opens Saturday for 127th season