Host your New Year's party Kentucky State Police style | Crime
DRY RIDGE, KY (FOX19) - If you are holding a New Year's party, the Kentucky State Police at the Dry Ridge Post have some ideas on how to host it without having your guests hurt someone or attract the attention of the police:
The Kentucky State Police in Dry Ridge would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday weekend. We offer these tips for hosting a responsible holiday party.
Tips for Hosting a Responsible Holiday Party
Will you be hosting a party this holiday season? It is never too early to keep these important TIPS in mind:
1. Control access to the alcohol you provide.
• Avoid serving from common sources such as kegs or punch bowls.
• Consider hiring a trained professional to serve drinks at your party.
• Be sure that whoever does pour the drinks is not consuming alcohol and monitors other guests’ consumption.
2. Offer soft drinks, fruit juices, water, and coffee so that your guests have an alternative to alcohol.
3. Allow guests to have only one drink at a time. Discourage competitive or rapid drinking.
4. Provide plenty of appetizers, snacks, and other food.
5. Plan entertainment and other activities so that drinking alcohol is not the primary focus of the party.
6. Request identification from anyone who appears 30 years of age or younger. Guests who cannot present a valid form of ID should not be given any alcohol.
7. Model appropriate behavior for your guests and be sure to communicate that becoming intoxicated is not the goal of the party.
8. Stop serving alcohol beverages at least one hour before the party ends. Encourage guests to stay for a while and enjoy a soda or coffee.
9. Make sure anyone who is visibly intoxicated does not receive any more alcohol and is not left alone. Even if the guest is not driving, an impaired guest can still be injured or can injure others.
10. When necessary, provide alternate transportation for impaired guests. Either call a cab, or enlist the help of sober friends to take the impaired guest home.
Copyright 2011 FOX19. All rights reserved.
Top Campbell County Stories
Upcoming Events near Campbell County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rolling Thunder sendoff held at Yellow Ribbon Support Center
- Pierce Township man promoted to Metro’s Director of Transit Operations
- Police investigate gunshot near Union Twp. school
- Click It or Ticket in Clermont County
- Emergency Preparedness Exercise in Miami Township May 22 - This event is ONLY AN EXERCISE