Another suspect takes plea deal in killing | Crime
COVINGTON, Ky. (AP) - A second suspect in the killing of a man and the burning of his body has accepted a plea deal in Covington.
Patrick Cooke of Covington pleaded guilty on Monday to facilitation to murder, first-degree robbery and tampering with physical evidence.
The 26-year-old Cooke also agreed to testify against others in the beating and strangulation killing of Shawn Davis in January 2009.
The commonwealth is recommending Cooke be sentenced to 25 years in prison. He would be eligible for parole after serving half of the term. Mary Ann Hartbarger pleaded guilty in January to a reduced charge and Samantha Mayes is discussing a plea deal.
The commonwealth wants the death penalty for Marion Lawson Parker III, whose murder trial is scheduled for Aug. 9.
- Woman pleads guilty to murder but escapes death penalty
- UPDATE: Another arrest made in Cold Spring murder
- Murder suspect accused of another murder in Kenton Co. jail
- Trial date set for group accused of killing, burning man
- Four indicted for Cold Spring murder
- Arrest made in Campbell County murder
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Top Campbell County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The Christ Hospital Physicians Welcomes Certified Nurse Midwife Practice to Anderson
- Anderson's Got Talent Returns to Greater Anderson Days
- Ohio School Boards Association names Mercy Health to Business Honor Roll
- Traffic and parking restrictions for Tim McGraw concert
- Coney Island opens Saturday for 127th season