Recipe Of The Day: Skyline Sammies | Features
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - This recipe of the day brings a new twist to a Cincinnati favorite. Chef Caitlin MacEachen Steininger and the team from Cooking with Caitlin are make cooking easy and fun for everyone! Chef Caitlin explains how to make Skyline Sammies.
Cincinnatians are known for their chili recipes. If you are any bit familiar with our city, you will know that no trip to Cincinnati is complete without a stop at Skyline Chili. We put Skyline chili on our noodles, make dips out of the chili, and now – thanks to my Skyline Sammies recipe, we are putting Skyline chili on our steaks. Try this when you are tailgating this fall!
This mouthwatering, super easy, close your eyes to enjoy it flank steak recipe takes some of the best of Cincinnati to new levels. Skyline Chili can be purchased online for those who live out of town (http://www.cincinnatifavorites.com/skylinechili.php). We guarantee that you’ve tasted nothing like it before. Try my other Skyline Chili recipes Skyline Pizza and Skyline Burger for more chili dishes.
- Yield: 4-6 Hearty Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 2 Cans Skyline Chili
- 1.5-2 Pounds Flank Steak
- 1 Loaf of Beer Bread or 1 Baguette
- 1 Cup Cream Cheese
- Add these items to your shopping list on Cozi.com
1. In a baking dish, combine your flank steak and 2 cans of Skyline Chili. Let marinate as long as you can! (I have only let it marinate for 20 minutes and it was still good.)
2. Slice your bread into 1 inch thick slices, or if you are using good old white bread toast it for 1 minute or so.
3. Once your bread is prepared, smear a healthy amount of cream cheese per slice.
4. After the steak has had time to marinate, wipe the excess chili and throw on the steak on a hot grill. Cook for 10 minutes until you flip it.
5. When the 10 minutes have passed flip and cook another 10 minutes.
6. Once the steak is finished cooking, let rest 5 minutes.
7. After the steak is finished resting, thinly slice and place the steak slices on top of the bread and cream cheese and enjoy!