Recipe Of The Day: Rainbow Rice Krispies Treats | Features
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - This recipe of the day is the perfect addition to your child's school lunch or an evening snack. Chef Caitlin MacEachen Steininger and the team from Cooking with Caitlin are make cooking easy and fun for everyone! Chef Caitlin explains how to make Rainbow Rice Krispies Treats.
Both kids and adults (with an inner child trapped inside) will enjoy this fast easy dessert. I took the Rice Krispies treat and mixed in a colorful surprise – jelly beans! Not only does this transform the look, but also the taste. Its a burst of flavor in every bite. For another easy dessert that both kids and adults will enjoy try Elephant Ears or Almond Butter and Berries.
- Yield: 24
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 3 minutes
2. Immediately after removing the bowl from the microwave, using a spatula, stir in 6 cups of Rice Krispies and 3/4 cups of jelly beans.
3. Spray a large cake pan with Pam and immediately after mixing together, spread mixture flat in a large cake pan and let sit.
4. After the mixture has cooled, try something different and cut your treats into different shapes – rectangles, triangles, circles…and enjoy!
- 1 16 Oz. Bag Large Marshmallows
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 6 Cups Rice Krispies
- 3/4 Cups Jelly Bans
- Spray your spatula with Pam to prevent the treats from sticking.
- Cut them in over-sized shapes for a little extra flare! Or, put them on a stick to serve – just as you would at a county fair or festival!