Health Department working to make flu vaccine available in Campbell County | Health
CAMPBELL COUNTY, KY (FOX19) - With more than 1,000 cases and one death from flu reported in Northern Kentucky so far, the Northern Kentucky Health Department is emphasizing that it is important-and not too late-to seek out the flu vaccine, and sharing details of how Northern Kentucky residents can get vaccinated at the Health Department.
Flu vaccines, in shot form only, are available by appointment at the Health Department's county health centers. The Health Department is charging $20 for the vaccine, but no one will be turned away for inability to pay.
Some may have the fees reduced and even eliminated through either a federal program providing vaccines to children; or for individuals covered by health insurance, Medicare or Medicaid.
Individuals wishing to be vaccinated are asked to call for an appointment. Health center staff will make an effort to get people in for vaccine as soon as possible, to the extent that staffing and vaccine supplies allow.
- Campbell County Health Center, 1098 Monmouth St., Newport, Ky., 859.431.1704
For more information on the flu, please visit http://www.nkyhealth.org/seasonalflu
Top Campbell County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The Christ Hospital Physicians Welcomes Certified Nurse Midwife Practice to Anderson
- Anderson's Got Talent Returns to Greater Anderson Days
- Ohio School Boards Association names Mercy Health to Business Honor Roll
- Traffic and parking restrictions for Tim McGraw concert
- Coney Island opens Saturday for 127th season