New cardio van will put on the miles in October | Health
EDGEWOOD, KY (FOX19) - The new St. Elizabeth CardioVascular Mobile Health Unit will be offering stroke and cardiovascular screenings at locations throughout Northern Kentucky during the month of October.
Sponsored by the Bank of Kentucky, and made possible by the generous support of John C. Holmes, M.D., along with contributions from St. Elizabeth 2008-2010 Vision employee donors, the new mobile health van brings technology and expertise for diagnosing cardiovascular disease, stroke and diabetes to where people live, work and play.
Using state-of-the-art ultrasound technology, the new mobile unit can perform an array of on-site tests aimed at detecting all manner of risky health conditions including carotid artery disease, peripheral arterial disease, abdominal aortic aneurysm and high blood pressure.
- October 1—Hebron Safety Day, Hebron Fire Department, Hebron from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- October 5—Back the Blue, Diocean Fair Grounds on Orphanage Road from 4 to 9 p.m.
- October 7—Cleves Kroger, 4001 Route 128, Cleves from 12 to 4 p.m.
- October 8—Immaculate Heart of Mary, 5876 Veterans Way, Burlington from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- October 11—St. Elizabeth Grant, 238 Barnes Road, Williamstown from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- October 12—Crestview Hills Town Center, Crestview Hills from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- October 13—Grant County Schools Health Fair, Grant County Board of Education, Williamstown from 1 to 5 p.m.
- October 15—Women’s Expo, Duke Energy Convention Center, Cincinnati from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- October 16—Women’s Expo, Duke Energy Convention Center, Cincinnati from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- October 18—Florence Professional Building, 7380 Turfway Road, Florence from 12 to 6 p.m.
- October 20—St. Elizabeth Edgewood, 1 Medical Village Dr., Edgewood from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- October 22—Grants Lick Baptist, 941 Clayridge Rd., Alexandria from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- October 25—Newport Kroger, 130 Pavilion Parkway, Newport from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- October 28—St. Elizabeth Covington, 1500 James Simpson Jr. Way, Covington from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- October 29—World Stroke Day Community Breakfast, METS Center, 3861 Olympic Boulevard, Erlanger from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Cost: Special introductory pricing of $79 for all three main screenings, including peripheral arterial disease, carotid artery & abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. *PrimeWise members receive a 5% discount.
Reservations: Please call (859) 301-WELL (9355) to schedule an appointment. Reservations are required.
Copyright 2011 FOX19. All rights reserved.
Top Campbell County Stories
Upcoming Events near Campbell County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The Christ Hospital Physicians Welcomes Certified Nurse Midwife Practice to Anderson
- Anderson's Got Talent Returns to Greater Anderson Days
- Ohio School Boards Association names Mercy Health to Business Honor Roll
- Traffic and parking restrictions for Tim McGraw concert
- Coney Island opens Saturday for 127th season
- Rolling Thunder sendoff held at Yellow Ribbon Support Center
- Pierce Township man promoted to Metro’s Director of Transit Operations
- Police investigate gunshot near Union Twp. school
- Click It or Ticket in Clermont County
- Emergency Preparedness Exercise in Miami Township May 22 - This event is ONLY AN EXERCISE