Driver asleep at the wheel causes Campbell Co. crash | News
ALEXANDRIA, KY (FOX19)- An accident shut down U.S. 27 in Campbell County for five hours Friday morning.
Around 5:30 a.m., a car driven by Brandon Bonen, 27, of Fort Mitchell, Ala. struck a utility pole at U.S. 27 and East Alexandria Pike, causing power lines to fall onto the roadway.
Police say Bonen was en route from Alabama to Mansfield, Ohio on leave from the U.S. Army and was meeting with his wife. It's believed he fell asleep at the wheel.
Bonen was wearing his seatbelt and was not hurt. He made arrangements for a rental car and continued his journey.
Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Top Campbell County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The Christ Hospital Physicians Welcomes Certified Nurse Midwife Practice to Anderson
- Anderson's Got Talent Returns to Greater Anderson Days
- Ohio School Boards Association names Mercy Health to Business Honor Roll
- Traffic and parking restrictions for Tim McGraw concert
- Coney Island opens Saturday for 127th season