NKU to name new president | News
HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, KY (FOX19)- Northern Kentucky University will make what it calls a "historic" announcement regarding the schools presidential search.
That search appears over, as two of the three candidates have withdrawn, leaving Cleveland State University Provost Geoffrey Mearns as the likely replacement for Jim Votruba.
The other finalists; Frostburg State University President Jonathan Gibralter dropped out yesterday and Ferris State University President Dr. David Eisler withdrew from consideration over the weekend.
The announcement is set for 10:30AM at Greaves Concert Hall on the university's campus.
Current president Jim Votruba announced last month that he would retire at the end of this school year. Votruba has served as president for 14 years, transforming NKU into what it is today.
Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Top Campbell County Stories
Upcoming Events near Campbell County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rolling Thunder sendoff held at Yellow Ribbon Support Center
- Pierce Township man promoted to Metro’s Director of Transit Operations
- Police investigate gunshot near Union Twp. school
- Click It or Ticket in Clermont County
- Emergency Preparedness Exercise in Miami Township May 22 - This event is ONLY AN EXERCISE