New neighborhood park dedicated in Newport | News
NEWPORT, KY (FOX19) - A new city park in Newport has been dedicated to a local political activist.
The park at 727 Liberty Street has been dedicated to Tim Freudenberg, a Newport native who served as a top aide to Gov. Brereton Jones.
Freudenberg died in 1991 from heart disease, shortly after Gov. Jones took office.
The park is part of a major residential and neighborhood redevelopment project, constructed by Newport’s Recreation Department.
Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Top Campbell County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The Christ Hospital Physicians Welcomes Certified Nurse Midwife Practice to Anderson
- Anderson's Got Talent Returns to Greater Anderson Days
- Ohio School Boards Association names Mercy Health to Business Honor Roll
- Traffic and parking restrictions for Tim McGraw concert
- Coney Island opens Saturday for 127th season