Correct valedictorian is named after Campbell Co. mix up | News
CAMPBELL COUNTY, KY (FOX19)- The correct valedictorian is named after a mix up at Campbell County High School.
Christina Heilman is named valedictorian, Olivia Davis is named salutatorian and Megan Rauch is the ranked third in the class.
An employee ran the wrong report in a computer program used to calculate class rankings and accidentally switched the valedictorian, salutatorian and third ranking student.
A ceremony was held on Monday night to make up for the mix up.
"Shocked and a little angry because at first because it was such a, it's a big moment," Davis said about the mix up. She says she was happy it was corrected.
Heilman was unable to attend the ceremony so her parents accepted her award.
Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Top Campbell County Stories
Upcoming Events near Campbell County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rolling Thunder sendoff held at Yellow Ribbon Support Center
- Pierce Township man promoted to Metro’s Director of Transit Operations
- Police investigate gunshot near Union Twp. school
- Click It or Ticket in Clermont County
- Emergency Preparedness Exercise in Miami Township May 22 - This event is ONLY AN EXERCISE