New Sheriff appointed for Campbell County | News
CAMPBELL COUNTY, KY (FOX19) - Campbell County's new Sheriff reported to work on Wednesday.
Lifelong Campbell County resident, David Michael Fickenscher was appointed Sheriff after John Dunn retired on Tuesday.
Sheriff Fickenscher served as a police officer from 1985-2009, retiring from the Campbell County Police Department as a Lieutenant.
He is a graduate of the FBI National Academy. Since 2009, Fickenscher has served as Chief deputy Jailer at the Campbell County Detention Center. He resigned from that position to accept the Sheriff position.
Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Top Campbell County Stories
Upcoming Events near Campbell County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rolling Thunder sendoff held at Yellow Ribbon Support Center
- Pierce Township man promoted to Metro’s Director of Transit Operations
- Police investigate gunshot near Union Twp. school
- Click It or Ticket in Clermont County
- Emergency Preparedness Exercise in Miami Township May 22 - This event is ONLY AN EXERCISE